LuvSide GmbH, based in Grünwald (in the administrative district of Munich) develops, builds and sells vertical small wind turbines (SWTs) for the generation of electricity from wind energy.
The development concept is based on three pillars: innovative blade geometry, modern lightweight design and a specially customed power electronics. Currently preparing the
launch of wind turbines with an output of 1kW, 3kW and 6kW.
LuvSide relies on the synergy effects and the know-how of ERKA TECHNIK in injection-production and further-sized enterprises in the area of product development. The consortium is financially supported by BMWI from Berlin under the ZIM funding program.
Managing Director of LuvSide GmbH,
Programme Manager for Innovative Products, ERKA Technik GmbH
Born in 1964 in the Hanseatic City of Lübeck.
Married, father of three children, nature lover and active devotee of all sports relating to wind, water and mountains.
- Studied economics in Munich
- Graduated as: Dipl. Wirt.-Ingenieur (graduate industrial engineer)
- Automotive: Development Engineer, BMW AG, Munich.
- Finance consultancy: Director of Private Banking, Credit Suisse AG, Munich.
- Corporate strategy: Head of Business Development, Postbank Finanzberatung, Bonn.
- Renewable energy: Sales Director, start-up, Herrsching am Ammersee
Plastics engineering: Programme Manager for innovative products, ERKA Technik, Bad Endorf.
- Wind power: Since June 2014, founder and CEO of LuvSide GmbH, Grünwald in the district of Munich.
“Clean energy is one of the fundamental needs of the modern age. Unfortunately, there are over 1.5 billion people on the planet who do not currently have access to electricity and are waiting for a solution. Under a regime of centralised energy politics, the prospects for improvement are extremely poor.
In addition to the emergency in developing countries, the western world also finds itself faced with significant changes. According to UN statistics, the supply of fossil fuels will decline over the next 40 years. The solution is a ‘distributed and renewable energy supply’. This future has already begun: anyone who is waiting for the last energy source to be used up, either does not know about CO2 and climate change, or has no children.”